Sunday 13 July 2014

Knowing Your Body Shape

For many of us plus sized divas finding stylish clothing proves to be a challenge. Why is it that plus sized seems to be automatically aligned with a square body shape?
As with a slim body type there are several different shapes that thick women carry. 


As a starting point we should know what body shape category we fall in to and what styles will flatter us. I have found the diagram below  to be quite useful. 



To determine your body shape start by looking at yourself in the mirror in your underwear. Stand with your legs together and your arms slightly away from your body. Pay particular attention to the area under your arms, bust, waistline, hips and thighs. Match your silhouette to the closest shape below. There you have it- you now know your body shape!


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2440176/Women-hourglass-20s-apple-50s-How-female-body-shapes-change-age.html




Check it out ladies and feel free to leave me your thoughts. Next up we will take a look at styles that will flatter these body shapes!

3 comments:

  1. Hey cool information, I am probably a Neat Hourglass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this really helped me realise that my body size is an apple I am surely proud. Hooray to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. The possibility I'm a pear. Great to know.

    ReplyDelete